First things first: My #SharePGHMusicMonth pick for today is none other than bass duo Lorenzo’s Oil. I was incredibly charmed by Ian and Mary Beth when I first saw them at LadyFest. They sing medleys on a certain theme to the tune of popular songs, and it’s fun, fun, and more fun. Don’t miss them tonight at the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern (see below for details!).
On to the weekend’s events!
— SATURDAY —
- The Steeltown Shakedown [11am // Carrie Furnace // all ages]
Check out vintage cars and rad bands, including Those Gorgeous Bastards, the Turbosonics, Mickey and the Snake Oil Boys, and the Legendary Hucklebucks. There will also be food trucks and Carrie Furnace tours for $10. Bring the kids and make a day of it!
- Brewtal Beer Fest 2 [2pm // Mr Smalls // 21+ // $30]
Do you like metal? Do you like beer? If you answered “yes” to either of those questions, you should be here. There are 30 breweries represented and 10 bands playing, including Greywalker, Dethlehem, Solarburn, and the almighty Baroness!
- Punk Rock Flea Market [12pm // Roboto // all ages]
Peruse the offerings of 13-15 vendors. Offerings include records, vintage items, clothing, comics, books, and more. Get a Tarot reading done while you’re at it. The event is free, but donations to support Roboto are accepted.
- Frodown Under: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Basement Show [4pm // LFG // all ages // $12]
- Nullity at Black Forge [5pm // Black Forge // all ages // $10]
- Lorenzo’s Oil/Midge Crickett/The Spectres [9pm // BBT // 21+ // $5]
My #SharePGHMusicMonth pick of the day is playing with Midge Crickett and The Spectres at the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern. It’s a steal at $5, but make sure you bring extra for some pierogies too.
- A Fistful of Vinyl [9:30 pm // Ruggers // 21+ // free]
- Dead On The Streets record release [10pm // Gooski’s // 21+]
— SUNDAY —
- Four Chord Music Festival [11am // XTAZA // all ages / $35]