So much going on this weekend! Pick a show and have a good time.
~~ FRIDAY 10/06 ~~
- Crafted Sounds Showcase [6:30pm // James Street Gastropub // all ages // $10]
- Tim Barry [7pm // Cattivo // 21+ // $15]
Don’t miss out on Tim Barry playing songs from his new album, High on 95. He’s on tour with Appalachian punk bluegrass outfit Gallows Bound and peace-punk rocker Roger Harvey. Note that there’s another show happening at Cattivo tonight (see below), so this might be the place to be!
- Freedom Hawk [8pm // Satalio’s // 21+ // $10]
Pittsburgh welcomes Virginia heavy rockers Freedom Hawk for an intimate night of fuzz fueled riffs! With local doom-slayers Gran Gila and heavy blues licking Jakethehawk. Presented by Blackseed Records.
- Biters [8pm // Cattivo // 21+ // $20]
- Long Live Woody Guthrie 6 [8pm / James Street Ballroom / $10]
Long Live Woody Guthrie 6 is a Pittsburgh celebration of the works and legacy of Woody Guthrie. This year the event will be a fundraiser and benefit for the Huntington’s Disease Society of America. All procedes will go to raise awareness and aid in treatment of the debilitating and fatal neurological disease that Woody suffered from. Featured Performers include Bill Whalen of Gleasons Drift, Bryan McQuaid, Dave Manchester of Arlo Aldo, Devin Moses and the Saved, Dylan Rooke and Red Coal, Elkhound, Tim Vitullo Band.
- Cisco Kid release party [8pm // Funhouse at Mr Smalls // 21+ // $5]
- The Gothees [9pm // Bloomfield Bridge Tavern // 21+ // $5]
The Gothees are “an unsettling mixture of ’60s pop distilled with a hint of ’80s influences topped with a slight pinch of the punk aesthetic.” Enjoy the last few weeks of the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern with them, late., and Pond Hockey.
- Todd & Dale Play The Park House [9:30 // the Park House // 21+]
- Pittsburgh Local Band Night [10 pm // Gooski’s // 21+ // free]
~~ SATURDAY 10/07 ~~
- Zombie Fest [5pm // Mr Smalls // 18+ // $15]
The Zombie Ball and Concert for the Living Dead with special guests SUBMACHINE, Professor Emcee Square, Children of October, Strange Monsters, The Filthy Lowdown, and Robot DJ Zombo. There will also be a Candlelight Memorial for George Romero and Night of the Living Dead marathon in The Funhouse!
- Jeff Riddle et al. [7pm // Spider House // all ages // $5]
Don’t Let the Scene Go Down on Me! Collective presents…
Jeff Riddle (PHL) from The Bella Vista Social Club / Ex-The Holy Mess, Ryan Azada (TN), Anthony Heubel (formerly of Run Forever + Cotopaxi), tap shorts @ Spider House Shows and Booking.
- CJ Ramone & Michale Graves [7pm // McGarvey’s // 21+ // $15]
- Playoff Beard record release show [9pm // Howlers // 21+ // $7]
- Black Table and Hexis [9pm // the Rock Room // 21+ // $10]
- Rock Your Face Off! [10pm // Excuses // 21+ // free]
~~ SUNDAY 10/08 ~~
- Benefit For Mexico [4pm // Hen Haus // all ages // $5-10+]
As you know the people of Mexico have been ravaged by earthqauke after earthquake over the past few weeks. Rebuilding will be slow and painful and the people in a lot of the smaller areas need all the help they can get. Together we will unite and pull together what we can to help the people who need it the most. The following bands will come together to help raise money and perform: Blood Pressure (hardcore for those who aren’t fake), Eel (noize for neighbor), Killer Of Sheep (classic hardcore style punk, new album just dropped).
- Ghost Key & Coldfront [6:30pm // the Smiling Moose // all ages // $10]
- Twinsmith [9pm // Spirit // 21+ // $10]